There are multiple options of senior living. These depend on what one wants and needs based on their health, social interactions, personal care needs, individual interests and level of independence.
A great way to get started is to learn more about the different levels of care available:
Independent Living communities provide convenience or supportive services like meals, housekeeping, and transportation in addition to rental housing. Typically, monthly charges include rent and supportive services. Independent communities do not require licensure or certification by a public agency as personal care services (help with eating, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring) are not provided or included in the monthly charge.
- Some Independent Living Communities offer additional assistance through on-site or self-selected home health services.
Traditions of Athens offers the area’s only independent living patio homes!
At Traditions, residents enjoy a lifestyle free from stress and the responsibilities of maintaining a home. Residents participate in an array of social engagement, with events and activities that foster friendship, community and connection with neighbors.
The independent living patio homes are spacious (1200-1600 sq. ft plus one-car garage) are designed with safety in mind. Each is outfitted with stainless steel appliances – washer/dryer, refrigerator, microwave, and stove. The kitchen also offers a full pantry. Both one and two-bedroom patio homes have an enclosed sunroom and back patio area complete with retractable awning. The front porch is covered and equipped with a ceiling fan.
In addition, residents are offered:
- Scheduled transportation for local events, errands and appointments
- A social calendar with daily opportunities for learning, creativity, fitness, spirituality and fun
- Twice monthly housekeeping and linen services
- Trash service daily
- Interior and exterior home maintenance (never change a light bulb again!)
- An option to buy a meal plan (one, two or three meals daily)
To start learning more, call us, or fill out the information below and we will contact you at your convenience.